About security in the procurement of wild mushrooms and berries
Just a few weeks the residents of our region will harvest and collect berries and mushrooms. Each of the "potential procurer" has "his" place of collecting forest products, but security still would not want and no one can not be excessive. We are talking about some issues of radiation safety, associated with the harvesting of berries and mushrooms, to be observed, given the circumstances of technogenic accident at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant.
The consequences of the Chernobyl disaster are still affecting our lands, and as a result of the forest gifts, growing on these lands. Speaking of radioactive contamination of wild mushrooms and berries, we mean content of radionuclides cesium-13 7. The radioactive cesium is double potassium, so once in the body, It replaces it in all processes. It is primarily concerned with the muscles - it is here that collects the majority of the absorbed cesium. Damage to cesium-137 human primarily associated with its radioactivity. In the way of his radioactive transformations he will irradiate surrounding tissue gamma- and beta rays, causing mutations and damage at the cellular level. Permanent influence of cesium-137 per person in the long run can cause malignant tumors.
The beginning of the "operation for the collection of forest products" is the decision – exactly where to go, in a forest, a place, neighborhood?
When choosing a location to be aware of the following:
- harvesting of wild berries is allowed in forests with the density of soil contamination with cesium – 137 to 2 Ci / km " (with a mandatory check for the content of radionuclides);
- acceptable level of cesium – 137 GN10-117-99 normalized hygienic standard "National permissible levels of radionuclides of cesium-137 and strontium-90 in food and drinking water" (RDU-99) and is: mushrooms no more 370 Bk / kg, berries – no more 185 Bk / kg;
- berry, in their ability to accumulate radionuclides, stand out cranberries, blueberry, cranberry, bilberry, less accumulated: strawberry, Rowan, blackberry, viburnum, raspberry;
- on the ability to accumulate cesium – 137 mushrooms can be divided into four groups:
- Batteries: Lactarius rufus, cap ringed (hen), Polish mushroom, masljonok, Mokhovikov. The fruiting bodies of fungi even when contaminated soil, close to the background value (0,1 – 0,2 Ci / km2), Cs-137 content may exceed the permissible level (370 Bk / kg). Therefore it is not advisable to collect mushrooms in this group;
- Silnonakaplivayuschie: mushrooms, lactifluus vellereus, volnuški, zelenka, Reshetnik, russules. Collect mushrooms of this group is subject to the soil contamination density up 1 Ci / km2 (mandatory radiation monitoring);
- Srednenakaplivayuschie: fox nastoyashtaya, blewits gray (podelonka), White mushroom, brown cap boletus, orange-cap boletus, smorchok, saffron milk cap;
- Slabonakaplivayuschie: mushrooms, mushroom – umbrella, raincoats, Champignon.
workpiece mushrooms, belonging to a group of middle – and slabonakaplivayuschim radiocaesium, It recommended in the woods with soil contamination density up 2 / Km2 (mandatory radiation monitoring).
Usually, Service Radiation Control forestries, in chp_ estates are lands with radioactive contamination, pre-defined order and place the collection of berries and mushrooms.
On the territory of radioactively-contaminated areas, when driving off the road in forests, should be installed warning signs about the radiation situation in the area, which should contain information on permitting or prohibiting the collection of berries and mushrooms. In all forest areas, forestries and village councils, must be installed placards and boards, where you can find all the information about the radiation situation in the area (Forest map with the distribution of zones of radioactive pollution, norms of radionuclides in the forest gifts and other foods, addresses and phone numbers laboratories (posts) radiation control area, where you can check the products, and other information).
Possessing such information, you can assess the situation correctly, choose a place of gathering berries and mushrooms, implement radiometric control of the collected products. recall, that the radiation monitoring of wild mushrooms and berries you can spend in the Hygiene and Epidemiology Center, laboratories vetsanekspertizy, veterinary laboratories, reception points procurement offices of regional branches of Consumer Societies.
And still we want to remind: Never buy berries, mushrooms from roadside vendors, and, if the place of collection of mushrooms and berries unknown. Treat gently to the forest gifts, harvested in
Ivie, Novogrudsky, Dyatlovo district of the Grodno region. In the case of minimal doubt - ask the seller documents, confirming radiation safety of products sold. Radiation safety - one of the indicators, which must be monitored in wild products.
We hope, that recommendations on radiation safety given above in the collection and harvesting of wild berries and mushrooms can help you safely use the collected products.